Hamsters love staging.plos.org
Check out the new PLoS Group on Facebook. If you don't already have an account you'll need to register which takes a couple of minutes, see below.
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. We hope that you like our picture entitled "Hamsters love staging.plos.org". It was drawn by one of our founders' kids and has even appeared on a tee-shirt.
As Chris Surridge mentioned in his previous post, I started this group just over one week ago and I am delighted to report that we already have 160 members. It's interesting to see photos and read bios of the wider PLoS community and you can see pics of staff members too (scary).
The PLoS Facebook Group is a spot where I'll post:
- News of cool functionality Releases on PLoS ONE.
- Discussions on how to acheive Science 2.0 goals.
- Volunteer Opportunities – ranging from helping us mail t-shirts, web support/coding, special projects, translations.
- Events – fun, social-networking activities in the PLoS/Open Access/Creative Commons community.
- Answers to your questions about scientific and open access resources – social networks like Facebook are great at connecting you with others who can assist you.
You may also fundraise for PLoS (a 501c3 nonprofit organization) via Causes on Facebook, a brand new, opt-in application that enables you to recruit your network to support PLoS and our open access initiatives.
We look forward to connecting with friends—old and new–on Facebook.
are they available???
Hi Michael, sorry for the slow response. Please email me and we can send you one, email@example.com. Cheers, Liz